Our Lady of the Sacred Heart College offers a rich and holistic curriculum that is student-centred. Students have the ability to reach their full potential through learning opportunities that explore their interests, strengths, goals and learning needs.
Successful learning outcomes recognise the need for students to be collaborative, creative, adaptable, self-directed, and critical thinkers. This is achieved through a commitment to the following learning principles:
- High quality delivery of the 7–12 curriculum which focuses on excellent delivery of learning for maximum student growth to occur.
- The delivery of new learning and teaching environments where the curriculum and instructional tools reflect our current world and encourage students to engage, communicate, create and collaborate in meaningful ways.
- Flexible learning spaces where teachers adapt the learning to meet the needs of students – personalised instruction, allowing students to explore different modes of learning.
- Dedicated school wide focus on the transition of students as they move from primary school into secondary school, moving into their senior years and from their final year of schooling to post school destinations.
- Development of the whole person – spiritually, academically, socially, emotionally and physically – in a safe, nurturing environment with values based on the Gospels.
- Development of our high achieving or gifted students as part of the Newman Selective Gifted Education Program and cross curricular projects.